Tuesday, August 17, 2010

(M) Cam and T_Boy Review Music!

Welcome to a new segment with a new aspiring music critic!

In this segment, uhm... T_Boy... *snickers uncontrollably* and I will send each other 3 songs we like, then the other reviews the songs. Considering our very opposing music tastes, this will be very entertaining, aye?

Well, let's waste no time!

*MY SONGS*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny4deVFsYuo <------Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine

Why I like this: The Lyrics are Creative and there's a great amount of build-up that pays off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjvDwYCf7gc <------The Catalyst by Linkin Park

Why I like this: The Background Music and the fact that it stays true to Linkin Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdOA4zpGYNo&feature=fvst <----Club Can't Handle Me by Flo Rida feat Guetta

Why I like this: It's one of my favorite dance tracks because the positivity and great beat.

*T_Boy's Songs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF3LGwnW3aw <---Single Ladies - Beyonce
Reason: I like this 'cause it's a somehwat good song to dance too. If gets me happy... :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy8shDCn__8 <---California Gurls - Katy Perry
Reason: I like the tune too this and it seems like a good beach song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3C_anoePog <---Imma Be - The Black Eyed Peas
Reason: This song is so good! I love the Peas! Not the veggies, of course, but...

*My Songs Reviewed By T_Boy*
Florence + The Machines - Dog Days Are Over

Review
Honestly, this song...I just couldn't hear it... I haven't listened to it. I need to get the beat and tune in my head, but it's just.....not getting their. Is this their best work? I can't completely agree.

C-

Linkin Park - The Catalyst

Review
Wow! This song...it just seemed quite amazing to me! It may be a new favorite! *puts song on list of songs need to be downloaded on itunes* It was amazing throughout the entire song! I mean, I just think it's amazing I'm listening to it now. It has a beat and a tune that gets stuck in my head! (Dang, In My Head is in my head....AAARRGH!!)

B+

Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me (Ft. David Guetta)

David Gretta....heheh.....funny spelling corrections...wait...the review? Oh yes!

Positively, the song just called me and I followed. I love it. It's such and amazing dancing song! I started dancing when I heard this song! Enough said, it deserves a...

A-

*T_Boy's Songs reviewed by Me*

Single Ladies- Beyonce

Ah, Single Ladies. The All-too-famous song that takes the dignity away from any guy caught with that on his MP3 Player, especially when he sings it by accident.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the beat. The beat is a total dance tune. And in all fairness, the lyrics are OK. They would be empowering if I were a girl. To be honest, I can't really enjoy this song cause it's very focused on one gender. It's aimed to empower women, especially ones with toolbox ex-boyfriends. For guys... it's just a dance track.

My rating: C

California Gurls- Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg

Let's start with the positive. The concept of a West Coast "Empire State Of Mind" is very cool. Go Us on the West Coast. But while Jay-Z gave us reasons aplenty, some good, some bad, and didn't necessarily glorify New York, Katy Perry gives us a song that ultimately sings one lyric in 20 different ways "California Girls are hot. Love us now."

It's bland. Sure, the tune is... not bad, but the song is just so repetitive. And the rapping style of Snoop Dogg... it's like they freaking took the awesomeness out of Snoop and made him rap like B.o.B. That's not his style.

Overall, it's Boring and repetitive with a reason that sucks to begin with. It's a bad song.

My rating: D-

Imma Be- Black Eyed Peas

The Lyrics are OK. Let's get that out of the way. The lyrics are only OK. Fergie sings typical song lyrics, and as a matter of fact, so do the rest.

But the music is the strength. The Black Eyed Peas have constructed one of the strongest dance tracks ever. Every beat is danceable even by the worst novice (me) and is just all-around enjoyable, especially towards the end, so much that you don't really pay attention to the lyrics.

Rating: B-

Tadah.

No comments:

Post a Comment